By registering on, paying for and participating in a course with Captivate Action Ltd. (Europe) and/or Captivate Action Pty. Ltd. (Australia) you are agreeing with our Course Terms and Conditions, as detailed below.
Please make sure you read all the Terms and Conditions carefully, and that you fully understand them before submitting your registration form. Please confirm you have read and accepted the terms and conditions in the text box provided on the registration form. If you have any questions please do get in touch and we will be happy to help.
By submitting the registration form you will reserve a conditional place on your selected course, which can only be fully confirmed on receipt of full payment. Delayed payment of course fees may result in loss of your booking if participant numbers are limited.
For these terms and conditions, Captivate Action refers to Captivate Action Ltd. in the U.K., and Captivate Action Pty. Ltd. in Australia.
- Captivate Action has a policy to treat all students equally irrespective of their gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, nationality, race, religious beliefs, origins, spent convictions or disability. It is expected that all our students adopt a similar policy. Students who display intolerant or harassing behaviour towards other students will be asked to leave the session and possibly the course, at the discretion of the tutor and Captivate Action.
- All dramatic combat courses are taught by professional teachers of dramatic combat, as certified by a professional body such as the Society of Australian Fight Directors Inc. and/or the British Academy of Dramatic Combat or equivalent.
- Captivate Action does not offer refunds in any circumstances. Deferment may be offered in certain cases, to an equivalent course of equal value. A Deferment Application must be completed and received by Captivate Action before the commencement date of the course from which a student would like to defer. A Deferred place must be redeemed within a 12 month period from the agreed deferment date. Captivate Action cannot guarantee a subsequent equivalent course will be offered. The offer of a deferment is completely at the discretion of Captivate Action as goodwill and this decision is final. A place on a Captivate Action course is only fully confirmed on receipt of all payments; if only a partial payment has been made before the course commencement date your place may be offered to another student, in which case any payments made will not be refunded.
- Captivate Action reserves the right to alter course times, to alter course content, to change tutors, to add classes and to cancel classes due to any unavoidable and/or unforeseen circumstances.
- Captivate Action reserves the right to refuse admission or tuition, and terminate a student’s contract at any time, at the discretion of the tutor and the company.
- Participation as a student in this or any Captivate Action course does not certify or qualify any student to work as a fight director, fight arranger, fight choreographer , teacher of dramatic combat, movement director and/or motion capture/performance capture director. Students are strongly cautioned regarding the Health and Safety responsibilities and implications of taking on these roles, particular those involving dramatic combat, and the risk of injury to any participants if these roles are undertaken with inadequate experience. If any student would like to pursue a career in this field, please contact the Society of Australian Fight Directors Inc., British Academy of Dramatic Combat or equivalent.
- Copyright: It is an infringement of copyright to reproduce, communicate, publish or perform all or a part of a choreography or workshop taught on any Captivate Action course, unless Captivate Action has given direct written permission.
- Injuries: Training in dramatic combat involves strenuous physical activity, which inherently carries the risk of physical injury including (although not limited to) abrasions; lacerations; soft tissue injuries such as bruising, tears, sprains or avulsions; skeletal fractures; joint dislocations; eye injuries; hearing impairment. The student must inform Captivate Action Ltd. of any injury, medical condition or medication which may affect their ability to perform dramatic combat, or which may cause injury to themselves or others. Captivate Action Ltd. will take every precaution reasonable to minimise the risk of injuries. The student must assume the risk and responsibility of all injuries to themselves and will therefore hold Captivate Action Ltd., its employees and agents harmless from any and all liability due to injuries suffered, or caused by third parties, arising out of activities involving Dramatic Combat. Students are expected at all times to conduct themselves and their training in a safe manner that is respectful to the teacher and other students. Dangerous, negligent or careless behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated, and may result in your exclusion from the class, at the teacher’s discretion.
For Certification Courses with the British Academy of Dramatic Combat:
- To be considered for a BADC Certification, students must attend a minimum of 35 hours tuition on a particular course. If you know you cannot attend all classes you must inform your teacher as soon as possible. If you miss a class and do not ‘make-up’ extra tuition hours you may not qualify to take your BADC exam, at the discretion of the teacher. Extra tuition hours in addition to the programmed course time will incur an additional fee which covers tuition time and expenses.
- In all circumstances your teacher will inform you whether you are ready to take a BADC exam, regardless of the number of tuition hours completed, on which the teacher’s decision is final. In some circumstances some students may be advised that they need more training before taking their exam.
- Full course attendance and exam attendance does not guarantee an exam pass and certification.
- All BADC-affiliated courses are taught by current BADC-certified Teachers of Dramatic Combat
- The certification examination is conducted by an independent BADC Examiner. Exam fees are not included in the course fee and are payable separately. Fees range from £25-£35 depending on the course level examined.
- Passing a BADC Certification in Dramatic Combat performances does not qualify you to teach dramatic combat or work as a fight choreographer. For further information on the Teacher Training programme and all BADC Certification levels, please visit the BADC website. www.badc.org.uk
- Any disputes regarding an exam certification result will be forwarded to the relevant independent examiner from the BADC.
Captivate Action Ltd. Private Limited Company, Registered Office: 14-15 Regent Parade, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 5AW. Registered in England and Wales, Company Number 8539068.
Captivate Action Pty. Ltd.